Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bj40 Toyota landcuiser

Options
  • 24-05-2017 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I have a 79 bj40 dry stored for the last 20 years,average condition ,rust in usual places,not a complete rust case ,had done some panel 'repair 20 years ago, not professional,someone has shown an interest in it and asked would I sell it,anybody know what's average price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭allenview

Bj40 dry stored for the last 20 years,some one has shown an interest in it for restoration,does anybody know what value it would be,I don't want to rob the man ,but I don't want to give it away either,picture below

Bj40 dry stored for the last 20 years,some one has shown an interest in it for restoration,does anybody know what value it would be,I don't want to rob the man ,but I don't want to give it away either,picture below

Sorry picture would not upload

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

According to the flood of imports on DoneDeal it's worth a million euro,

It's all down to condition on these. Rust on the body is the main problem, and expensive to put right. The 3B engines are indestructible, and running gear is generally good on most. If it's Irish and has history then that helps too. I would have thought one needing restoration 'should' be worth about 7 grand, if comparing to other classics, but god knows with lads asking 30g for ones fresh off the boat.

Would love to see pics, as I'd really love one myself, but not at current money.

I will try and upload a picture tomorrow,I might not have enough posts on boards to upload,maybe some one might enlighten me

• Advertisement

Picture uploading

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

I think you may need 50 posts before you can upload photos. There is 'Test' section to try out links, photos etc.. Shouldn't take you long to hit the 50 mark.......
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=361

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭goochy

Jim carey car sales in Cahir has imported one for sale in good nick , seems good value ( especially compared to PC 4X4 one !) but its been for sale a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

One that had a hard life on a farm, then sat in briars for ten years, and was unrepairable body wise, sold for 500 euro recently. The guy who bought it was bringing a shell in from Brazil or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

As other posters have said, imported ones are making crazy money - here's one for €30k!!!

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-landcruiser-bj40/15591102

Having driven one many years ago, I can't understand them making that money, but maybe I was missing something. Most Irish ones fell apart long before the engine or drivetrain gave trouble. I remember a neighbouring farmer when I was growing up driving one that was literally held together with fencing wire - it was not unusual to see chunks of it fall off when he hit a pothole, and he once lost the windscreen on the road, but, true to form it didn't break and just required some filler to be stuck back in place.

Given the prices being asked, I'd say yours is worth whatever the guy is willing to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Possibly even more uncomfortable than the Series 3 land rover, and that's saying something!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Possibly even more uncomfortable than the Series 3 land rover, and that's saying something!

Yeah, if I was in the market for a classic, overpriced, go-anywhere, uncomfortable 4x4, I'd definitely go for either a series landy or an early G Wagen.

Bj 40 dry stored since 97 ,lot of rust in usual spots,can see none on done deal at the moment to get a similar value , would need a good few bob to get it up to immaculate condition,anybody out there sell one lately.

Bj 40

I think I finally got it uploaded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Looks salvageable, but would need a lot of work.. rear tub probably needs to be replaced. They are available but huge money. Doors look like they need attention too, maybe the while lot could be welded but depends on condition of body mounts and the general underbody

Best of luck with it, much of its value is in the Irish reg and mechanicals

Advertisement