Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia Entry Requirements

Options
  • 24-05-2017 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I am just wondering is anyone repeating their Irish this year & applying for Hibernia? I am really curious as to why their grading system is different to every other college. It states the entry requirement for Irish is a H4 (60-69%) as per the new LC grading system of 2017 which would be an equivelant to a C1/C2 yet Maynooth, Marino etc only require a H5 (50-59%) which in my eyes would be the euivelant to a C3.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Aoibhs100

Hi did you ever get an answer to this. Is the requirement to hibernia for irish a h4 or h5?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Irelandtodubai

Aoibhs100 wrote: »
    Hi did you ever get an answer to this. Is the requirement to hibernia for irish a h4 or h5?
    Hi, Hibernia require a H4 thankfully I got it and I’m currently doing my masters but I think all colleges are changing the entry requirement to a H4 for Irish English & Maths. Not 100% about those two you might want to check but def a H4 in Irish from either this year or next.

Ok thanks for that. Glad you got your h4!! Was hoping it was a h5!! Will just have to work a bit harder. Ate you doing teaching in hibernia?

Ok thanks for that. Glad you got your h4!! Was hoping it was a h5!! Will just have to work a bit harder. Ate you doing teaching in hibernia?

Ok thanks for that. Glad you got your h4!! Was hoping it was a h5!! Will just have to work a bit harder. Ate you doing teaching in hibernia?[/quote

Concentrate on doing a good oral its worth the most. As for poems/stories try learn them off the same stuff comes up over and over. I did Gafa as my novel not many do it but its very straight forward and I just learned off a general answer for it.

• Advertisement

Yea thats what tutor said but these 20 sraiths are hard going! Working through pasp papers at the minute! Thanks for help

Yea thats what tutor said but these 20 sraiths are hard going! Working through pasp papers at the minute! Thanks for help

Keep them really simple, I used the ordinary Irish notes for those. You just have to show you can tell a story and your grammer is correct do not worry at all about how complex your Irish is. Simple is key! Best of luck

Keep them really simple, I used the ordinary Irish notes for those. You just have to show you can tell a story and your grammer is correct do not worry at all about how complex your Irish is. Simple is key! Best of luck

Also Studyclix is a god send use those notes there brilliant and again I used a lot of the pass notes.

Advertisement