Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardening videos for beginners?

Options
  • 24-05-2017 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Just to explain, I'm a 60+ female, a lazy gardener with weak bones. Every few years I get beaten by slugs and give up growing vegetables. I'm back on the beat again now, albeit a bit late as I had other stuff taking my time over the last few months. What I really need is an experienced gardener whispering in my ear about how to go about jobs, advice, tips, etc. But sadly I don't have anyone to help me so I went to Youtube looking for gardening advice for Irish gardens and was surprised at how little there was, they were mainly in the UK and USA. Anyway, I finally settled in to watch Charles Dowding (UK) as his no-dig method seemed just the ticket for someone like me, I came across him on Gardeners World with Monty Don recently. I also found videos by a Canadian gardening in Ireland called RED gardens and have started watching his methods. I have no connection with either of these guys. What other videos should I check out, in particular by Irish gardeners in Ireland? I'm a perennial beginner!

Advertisement