Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debs

Options
  • 23-05-2017 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

okay this info i kinda need fast so if anyone out there knows anything that can help me, ehat would be great.

1) what are the debs

2) what should i wear (guy)

3) do i need a date (a girl, a boy, solo?)

4) if i need a date, what do i have to do

5) anything else in particular i need or need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

okay this info i kinda need fast so if anyone out there knows anything that can help me, ehat would be great.

1) what are the debs

2) what should i wear (guy)

3) do i need a date (a girl, a boy, solo?)

4) if i need a date, what do i have to do

5) anything else in particular i need or need to do?

1. The Irish equivalent of the American prom. A fancy dance, basically.

2. Suit

3. Boys typically bring girls, girls typically bring boys - although lots go solo

4. Ask them. If you're the boy, buy the girl a corsage. You need to pay for whoever's ticket you're bringing (unless you both go the same school)

5. Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

1) what are the debs

A piss-up with suits

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dylanw2u

The Debs is basically a dance in which you bring a partner with, it can be a boy or a girl cause no one cares about your sexuality honestly.

You wear a suit, go to the dance and have a good time.
    It's pretty much a celebration you have with your year before you all do your LC and go your separate ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

hasdanta wrote: »
    3. Boys typically bring girls, girls typically bring boys - although lots go solo

This may have been true of the past but not so much anymore. Bring a boy if you'd like. Nobody cares who you take as a date, even if it's just a friend. It's much better to bring a companion you'll actually have fun with than someone you may not have as much fun with! :) loads of people go as groups of friends nowadays too!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    This may have been true of the past but not so much anymore. Bring a boy if you'd like. Nobody cares who you take as a date, even if it's just a friend. It's much better to bring a companion you'll actually have fun with than someone you may not have as much fun with! :) loads of people go as groups of friends nowadays too!

Keyword: typically

• Advertisement
Advertisement