Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fiberglass repair - roof

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

fiberglass is great to work with if you dont mind the smell. I've done some repairs on steel and fiberglass bodywork. there is nothing to it really, the more hardener you add the quicker it will go off. generally you have about 5 mins before its all gone hard. as with everything preparation is a must. having all the glass bits cut and ready.
    Try the kits in Halfords, they are under 20?

I would find the leak first, and just repair where it needs it. Doing the whole lot will be a big undertaking. You will be able to sand down perfectly smooth and paint over with a rattle can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Would be a pain to glass around all the antenna mounts brackets, skylights, extractor, vents etc. Also leak could be down through the middle of antenna mounts or something so I would remove all the unused screws, bolts, mounts, brackets and cap off the holes. When the bigger bits come out you might be able to see where the water has been coming in anyway.

Advertisement