Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFI and Duel Booting

Options
  • 23-05-2017 9:17am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Alright so, I recently set up a second partition on my machine, 500gb in size. Points to note, I don't have a CD drive and no spare USB sticks. The Fedora 22 live boot USB I do have seems to be corrupt. So I'm sh?t out of luck with those options for now.

I did try unetbootin with Fedora 25. All good, I restart the machine, brand new Acer Aspire running Windows 10, up pops the options for Windows 10 or unetbootin. When I run unetbootin however, I hit an error. ubnldr.mbr doesn't seem to exist.

I've checked the live folder in Windows 10. All is there and secure boot is turned off. I can't seem to change from UEFI to Legacy boot.

Anyone have any ideas on what I could do. I've tried to resolve the issue over the weekend, but got tired and gave up for a while.

Advertisement