Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicky Hayden R.I.P.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Very sad, RIP Nicky

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Just terrible...

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

RIP Nicky, always seemed like one of the genuinely likable guys on the grid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

He seems fondly remembered. So young very sad. Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Terrible terrible news :(
    R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

I didn't even know he was injured. Came as a huge shock this evening when I heard. I remember the days when his was racing his Repsol Honda with the #69 around the tracks of the world against "The Doctor" Valentino Rossi.
    Hayden came across as such. Likeable guy. Just a guy from Kentucky who love to ride bikes with his brothers and decided to go take on the world. So sad for this loss.

Awful news. Reminds me of Schumacher, all the crashes and danger they had then it's something everyday that causes the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

d2d84cb6919339d0d93d8fcf1570aa6e.jpg

• Advertisement

Another story from Matt Birt of what a nice guy Nicky was

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUbWmyBhzzB/

Because it was signed I vowed never to wear this. But I will do today. It was a gift from Nicky Hayden's dad Earl because I used to send copies of Motor Cycle News to the family home in Owensboro, Kentucky.
    Nicky also personally gave me gifts when Megan and Joshua were born.
    To think a MotoGP World Champion would take the time to make such a wonderful gesture in the happiest times of my life completely blew me away.
    I feel privileged to have been in Nicky's presence for some of the happiest times of his life.
    Those gifts confirmed me to what I already knew. Nicky Hayden was one of a kind. Blessed with a gift for racing motorcycles, but even more blessed as the kindest and most beautiful soul you'll ever meet.
    A smile to light up the darkest room, a warm and generous personality that made you feel like the most important person in the world in his company, and a dedication and love for his family and racing that I've seen from no other. The reverse side of this t-shirt says 'Never Give Up, Never Give In'. I can't think of a better phrase that captures the essence of what Nicky was like.
    Heartfelt condolences to Nicky's nearest and dearest.
    I can't believe he's gone but I'll hold tight to the memories. RIP 69 #rideonkentuckykid #nickyhayden

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUa4U02lmfa/
    Nicky my brother, our story wasn't suppose to end like this. You were world champ for a reason. I've never met someone with the desire for racing bikes like you. I remember growing up we shared a room and you studying notes you took from the previous race and we were 12-13 years old, I'll never forget the Monday morning after you won the world championship, you woke me up to go running. That's what separated you from the rest and made you a legend. I could go on. You made everyone here better, cause when you wasn't here, we were riding or cycling to close the gap for when we road with you again,. You pushed me to my best, but more importantly I'll remember what kind of brother you were. You were legend of a racer and a brother. You were there for me no matter what was going on in life. You wanted to help, I'm glad you were able to see me at my best these past couple years, not just on the bike, but mainly off it. I can sit here and ask why all day, but instead I want to be thankful for having a brother like you for 33 years. Don't worry I got the nieces handled. No boyfriends till they're in college and I'll teach the nephews what it takes to be a champion in whatever they decide. This picture is special to me, because after some bad luck and it looked like your world title was over, I grabbed you like this and told you it was still your year, and that was the first thing you did to me when I saw you at the podium. Tell me it back. Even during this incredibly difficult time I still have my faith, I believe if god will bring you to it, he will bring you through it. Till we ride again I love you. #letsgetit #69

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Nicky Hayden's funeral will be held today, the service will be livestreamed on his facebook page at 6pm(BST).

There will be a tribute at this weekends Mugello moto gp.

RIP Nicky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

MotoGP are streaming the doctor the tornado & the Kentucky kid for anyone interested http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2017/05/29/watch-the-doctor-the-tornado-the-kentucky-kid-for-free/229596

Advertisement