Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over before It's started?

Options
  • 22-05-2017 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

So first off I'm not looking for medical advice.

After i completed my 1st open water dive of the PADI course i was really ill and had to spend the day in bed with my head spinning. I was perfectly fine during the dive but shortly after i felt terrible and threw up with the symptoms of vertigo and nausea increasing as the day went on.

As i said i went to bed and the next day I woke up and still had some dizziness but the nausea had subsided.

Now the night before i had been to a wake and had maybe 5 or 6 beers so i put a lot of it down to that and the late night.

Fast forward to yesterday in Sandycove doing dives 2 and 3.

Dive 2 went by with no problems, we went out did my skills came back in after about 40 minutes had a break still fine, went back out to dive 3, also no problems until we came out of the water.

It wasn't as strong as the first week but by the time i got home I was only fit for my bed again with my head spinning and horrible nausea all day.

As i write this at 4.30 pm the next day i still have some dizziness.

Firstly I'm wondering has anyone else had this type of problem?I'm assuming there is some kind of inner ear issue.

And secondly can anyone recommend a doctor in Dublin that has experience in this kind of problem.

I'd really hate to have to give up on this before I've had a chance to experience it properly.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Listen to me. Do not go into the water again until you have this resolved. Going on a dive with alcohol taken was idiotic as was diving again without getting an all clear but you are still alive, try to keep yourself alive. There may be a reason you cannot dive. Continuing now could be fatal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Point taken, although I wouldn't have said I was diving with drink taken. There was at least 10 hours between my last drink and my dive.

But aside from that, can you suggest a doctor that might have experience in this type of issue.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

weiland79 wrote: »

But aside from that, can you suggest a doctor that might have experience in this type of issue.

Thanks

Not sure if he can do what you need but Tim O'Neill (http://www.grangeclinic.ie/gp_docstaff_dronei.html) is a GP based in Donaghmede, and does Hyperbaric medicine, so will now a lot more about diving related illness than your average GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Just saw your post, so this is probably too late.

If you have yet to resolve the issue you might check out Alternobaric Vertigo. Your symptoms indicate you may have suffered from it.

Best of luck,

Seadeuce

Advertisement