Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Returns

Options
  • 22-05-2017 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I bought Phillips wireless earbuds from argos last august and a couple of weeks ago the left one stopped working. I still have the original receipt and the packaging. I was just wondering if anyone knows would they be covered under the one year guarantee that they state on the receipt?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I think the warranty would be with the manufacturer not Argos themselves.

Link to Returns Policy on Argos.

You could ring them up and ask! No harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jasonrwc

I emailed them a couple of days ago but just got an automated response. I suppose the weekend probly didnt help. I just wudnt have the balls to go into them with it being so long since i bought them without really knowing what i was entitled to. Might give the mail another couple of days then man up and go into them :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Nah, pop in! I'm sure they get the question a good few times. Straight up to the customer service desk (what it's there for!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jasonrwc wrote: »
    I bought Phillips wireless earbuds from argos last august and a couple of weeks ago the left one stopped working. I still have the original receipt and the packaging. I was just wondering if anyone knows would they be covered under the one year guarantee that they state on the receipt?

Yes, of course they would as long as you haven't dropped them in water or damaged them yourselves. Your contract is with the place you bought them, not the manufacturer. Bring them back with the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

Argos are great for returns. They will give you a new pair. I returned an ipad that had stopped working after 11 months and they gave me a new one no questions asked!

• Advertisement

Cheers all for your advice. They emailed back saying to drop into any of the shops and they should be able to help. Gonna drop in later see what happens. Hopefully they sort me out :D

Just went into argos there was back out in 5 minutes with a new pair didn't believe how sound they were no question no nothing. Happy days! Cheers all

Advertisement