Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Drum heads.

Options
  • 22-05-2017 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Have a cheap millennium kit that I bought back in January but the snare head has frayed, swapped it out for one of the tom heads and this one has frayed now aswell. Grrrrr. So I took the head off just to have a look out of curiosity and they look almost identical to an acoustic drum skin.

Is there any reason I shouldn't mount acoustic drum skins to an e-drum shell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭KrakityJones

Noise is about the only reason I think. The triggers should pick up the vibrations just as well from acoustic heads as mesh but it'll be a hell of a lot louder. Handy if you want a hybrid electric/acoustic but a pain in th'ass for you neighbours maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Noise is about the only reason I think. The triggers should pick up the vibrations just as well from acoustic heads as mesh but it'll be a hell of a lot louder. Handy if you want a hybrid electric/acoustic but a pain in th'ass for you neighbours maybe

Never considered the noise aspect. Mesh heads it is then. Cheers.

Advertisement