Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2002 Fiat Scudo

Options
  • 21-05-2017 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I have the chance to pick up an ex disability taxi for a couple of hundred
    Mechanic is going to look it over for me before purchase

me and A couple of guys in work hoped to to club together and use use it over the summer as a festival camper
    and weekends away , each taking a turn

I realise its small, and we might be just doing the bare nessary to get it going in time for this year , what might be a simple fit out cost , tax on it till September , (will that lapse when its no longer a taxi )... could we get 6 months insurance rather than the full year
    Might just park it up then or sell it on again. Would insurance companies frown on the idea of our plan or would they just take the usual private insurance quote and be ok with it.
    any obvious flaws in our plan ? or other suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Are you going to modify it much? You could void your insurance if you do, you'd still have the insurance disc but if anything happened you could be screwed.

If you want to change it to a camper on the tax book to benefit from cheap tax and insurance, you will have to do some significant work on it. If you do you will find it hard to get insurance if you have less than 1.8m internal height.

Advertisement