Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What main TV channels do people watch in Northern Ireland?

Options
  • 21-05-2017 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

What main TV channels do people watch in Northern Ireland? Are the main UK channels treated as the main channels or do some watch treat the irish channels as their main channels or how available are the irish channels? Like would the watch Primetime/Fair City/Winning Streak. You hear about contestants from the North on Winning Streak. Do the watch the UK channels most of the time?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No politics discussion or the thread gets closed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

zeebre12 wrote: »
    What main TV channels do people watch in Northern Ireland? Are the main UK channels treated as the main channels or do some watch treat the irish channels as their main channels or how available are the irish channels? Like would the watch Primetime/Fair City/Winning Streak. You hear about contestants from the North on Winning Streak. Do the watch the UK channels most of the time?

RTÉ used to release BARB figures but they haven't released them in a while.

UTV and BBC NI are the main stations that viewers in NI watch, as they concern NI (dare I say it) politics and society.

I also assume they watch sports on RTÉ and TV3 if they have spillover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

I have UK channels at top of EPG but also watch ROI channels esp. RTE channels on Saorview via splllover. This includes RTE News channel and sometimes even Oireachtas channel. RTE 1/2 and TG4 also available via Freeview but RTE 1/2 only SD and not HD. Interestingly TG4 on Freeview is better picture than its equivalent on Saorview due to compression so I tend to watch Pro 12 on TG4 via Freeview.

Advertisement