Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aib shares

Options
  • 21-05-2017 6:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what is happening to aib shares? The have increased form just over €5 per share to just over €7 per share in a short space of time. Is it to do with the ipo? I have some i need to sell and was going to sell at €5.10 and luckily didnt get a chance to

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

duffysfarm wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is happening to aib shares? The have increased form just over €5 per share to just over €7 per share in a short space of time. Is it to do with the ipo? I have some i need to sell and was going to sell at €5.10 and luckily didnt get a chance to

They selling shares to the public some.or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Dump them. The thinly traded shares have ridiculous valuations. Based on the values, that the shares were selling at once, AIB was one of the largest banks in the world by market cap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Down 20% today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Wombatman wrote: »
    Down 20% today.

25% now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Its a con-job. How can you sell shares to the public, when they already own them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The government own 99.8 % of AIB shares so the amount that is available to be bought (or sold) on the "free" market is miniscule.
    Any move in the share price will be massive % due to lack of liquidity.
    Noonan has said before, for people not to buy the shares due to the number available.
    Wait until the government offload some of their amount, the share price
    will be well lower than where it is now and there will be more shares in existance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BOARDHOG

Hi. After the aib restructuring I was left with 3 shares. Does anyone have any advice on what to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BOARDHOG wrote: »
    Hi. After the aib restructuring I was left with 3 shares. Does anyone have any advice on what to do with them.
    Best off just donating them to charity.

http://www.sharegift.org/

Advertisement