Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vintage tractor engine restoration

Options
  • 20-05-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi. I'm looking to get the block of a 1957 Fordson Major reconditioned. The head was reconditioned three years ago. I am in east Galway, and was wondering who would do this sort of work. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

When you say who would do this work do you mean remove from tractor, strip it and get machine work done and rebuild and refit. Or can you remove and refit and just need a machine shop... Closest to you would be Donnellans in Lanesborough i would say or Engine Re in Castlebar for the machine work, boreing out or surface grinding. If your not able to remove it yourself either might be able to suggest someone in your area who could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭andymann

When you say who would do this work do you mean remove from tractor, strip it and get machine work done and rebuild and refit. Or can you remove and refit and just need a machine shop... Closest to you would be Donnellans in Lanesborough i would say or Engine Re in Castlebar for the machine work, boreing out or surface grinding. If your not able to remove it yourself either might be able to suggest someone in your area who could do it.
    I wouldn't be able to remove it myself disco. If you could recommend someone who could do that aswell that'd be great. Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement