Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rescue Helicopter

Options
  • 20-05-2017 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hello, a few months ago my partner suffered a serious injury and was medevaced to CUH. She's now starting to recover but is it possible to work out which helicopter flew her?

She thinks it was an army helicopter as apparently, the Coast Guard couldn't get there in time. We know the date and time of the flight, where it went from and where it went to.

Is there some way to look up who made the flight?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭marketty

If you contact the Air Corps press office they should be able to tell you, and maybe even arrange for her to meet the crew, see the helicopter etc. I've seen them do that sort of thing before on their Facebook pages. Details are on military.ie but I can't post a link for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Air Corps 112 is the air ambulance unit based at Custume Barracks in Athlone, crewed by Air Corps, with a National Ambulance Service paramedic.

They're on Facebook: https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=499155760107215

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭sjb25

faoiarvok wrote: »
    , with a National Ambulance Service paramedic.

They're on Facebook: https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=499155760107215

Being Pedantic its actually a advanced paramedic who crews the aircraft from the NAS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Thanks guys.

We contacted the DF press office last night and got a reply in from the Air Corp people this morning so thanks for the help!

Advertisement