Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asthma inhalers

Options
  • 20-05-2017 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Apologies if these questions are answered elsewhere, the only posts I could find are a few years old.

I was recently diagnosed with Asthma (last September ), am on Belcazone twice daily and have a Ventoline inhaler for when I need it (seldom).

I am heading to Spain soon on holidays and from speaking to fellow sufferers know you can get the Ventoline over the counter without a prescription at a reduced cost, does anyone have any knowledge regarding the Belcazone, its certainly prescription here and requires a repeat prescription every 6 months ( this costs 25 Euro alone from my doctor ).

Could it be that there is a generic inhaler name for this that I could ask for, any help gratefully recieved

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭missyb01

You can definitely get ventolin inhalers for as little as €5 in some chemists. I'm not sure about the other inhaler you are on. I take symbicort and I have gotten that in Spain without prescription for €40. Last time I bought it here it was €110!!!

My advice is bring the inhaler with you and see if it is available over there.

Advertisement