Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

altra zero drop

Options
  • 20-05-2017 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭

anyone use them?
    what your opinions and going from rise to zero drop etc.
    where can i buy in Ireland/UK?
    thanks
    Johnny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

seanin4711 wrote: »
    anyone use them?
    what your opinions and going from rise to zero drop etc.
    where can i buy in Ireland/UK?
    thanks
    Johnny

Haven't used the Altra, but depending on what rise you are coming from the advice is always to transition slowly.

I went 9-6-4/3-0 over the course of a few years, but would now do the majority of my running in 3-6 now as I just find it more comfortable.

Having said that I went down the more traditional minimalist route rather than the maximalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Enduro

I have a pair of Altras. Very good shoes for my pruposes. Bought them for the huge toe box and maximalist construction. Zero drop is neither here nor there for me, and I don't notice it, but that puts me in a small minority. Transitioning slowly is good advice. I bought my pair in Run Logic in Temple Bar (a proper runner's shop!).

yes I'd echo the other posters' voices and say to be careful on 0-drop unless you're already running in similar shoes - it can be murder on your calves.
    I tried out 0-drop but prefer 4mm to 6mm. It's amazing how much difference a few mm can make!

Also, there is no reason to run in zero drop shoes really - have you read "born to run" by any chance recently?!
    That book is responsible for a huge amount of running injuries from people going out and buying zero drop gear.
    FFS, anyone remember those horrific vibram five fingers. absolute puke shoes that people used evangelise. thankfully that day is over.

Advertisement