Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam attendants

Options
  • 19-05-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

How much would you be paid?
    Cash or cheque, could you please tell me your exerperience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Chonaic17

Is this for being an actual examiner, or I'm guessing you mean sitting outside the door while the exam is going on? Have done them both, the second one was just over €600, but I was the lucky one who got exams all three weeks, most schools close down all but one centre as the days go on. Paid in cash at the end of the three weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Blissfulbritt

Chonaic17 wrote: »
    Is this for being an actual examiner, or I'm guessing you mean sitting outside the door while the exam is going on? Have done them both, the second one was just over €600, but I was the lucky one who got exams all three weeks, most schools close down all but one centre as the days go on. Paid in cash at the end of the three weeks

Thanks very much, I just got picked for this job and the teachers were not saying anything all but one and what you said kinda matched her story.
    Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

i superintend and usually pay my attend about 240 euro mark i think for a weeks work
    you're paid by the session/exam which allows 10 mins before the start of the exam to be present while students are entering the room so if an exam starts at 9.30 you need to be there by 9.20 at the very latest though your school exam secretary may ask you to be present earlier than that. please ensure you have enough material to keep you going and don't be talking outside the door - happened to me one year and in spite of several warnings to quieten down i had to speak to the secretary (teacher in charge of the exams) and get them replaced they were that bad/loud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Listen very carefully how they like their tea/coffee... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Mldj

I was an exam attendant for the Junior Cert exams last year. Easiest money you will ever make TBH. You have to come in the day before the first exam to set up the room, meet with the superintendent, etc. They will tell you what exams you need to be present for based on
    numbers sitting the paper at your centre. You will make the superintendent tea/coffee and, as gebgbegb said, listen very carefully. Mine left me a note one morning that just said 'John make my tea right today - 2 sugars' (my name isn't John btw :) ). I got €250 and I was there for every exam up until music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

I was a Junior cert exam attendant like two years. The money you receive is based on whether you do leaving cert or junior cert exams. Lc exams pay more because they're longer. I got 375 or around that but i also was asked to stay on for the extra exams in my school for junior cert. Reaaally easy money, just as the above posters say listen to what the examiner says, on the first day I just assumed my examiner wanted tea, it didnt go down so well :P You're payed cash in hand at the end

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Can someone who did exam attendant in an ETB confirm it is cash in hand? I didn't thnk the ETBs did anything in cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

spurious wrote: »
    Can someone who did exam attendant in an ETB confirm it is cash in hand? I didn't thnk the ETBs did anything in cash.

I was in an ETB. The superintendent gave me the money in money bag at the end of the final exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

It's not the ETB paying it - comes from superintendent directly and they claim it back from SEC.
    You are possibly thinking of local organised readers/scribes who are organised and paid by school/etb as far as I know. Think they are paid by etb but it may be into August before you get paid

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That could be it. I know there's a long wait for some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

This shows the rates for 2014, and my guess is that the rates haven't changed since then:
    http://examinations.ie/schools/2014_Under_18_Attendant_Claim_Form.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

That could be it. I know there's a long wait for some people.

That'll be the readers and scribes. I was reading for LCVP in May one year and got paid for it the beginning of September by the ETB. The previous year I scribed for the same subject in a voluntary sec school and was given a cheque after the exam.

Advertisement