Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renewal without licence

Options
  • 19-05-2017 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Hi, My uncle is in his 80s and his licence has expired. He has become infirm and would not be passed fit by a doctor. His insurance is due for renewal and he intends to renew it in the hope of regaining his licence at a future date. He has an open drive policy. If he renews his policy will it be valid?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Varta wrote: »
    Hi, My uncle is in his 80s and his licence has expired. He has become infirm and would not be passed fit by a doctor. His insurance is due for renewal and he intends to renew it in the hope of regaining his licence at a future date. He has an open drive policy. If he renews his policy will it be valid?
    Hi Varta
    Can you PM me with your Uncle's policy details and I will look into this with our Underwriting Department.
    Regards 
    Seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Varta

Hi Varta
    Can you PM me with your Uncle's policy details and I will look into this with our Underwriting Department.
    Regards 
    Seán
    Thanks Sean, but it's a general question.

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

Hi Varta
    Regards 
    Seán
    Thanks Sean, but it's a general question.
    Hi Varta 
    In order for us to provide cover all drivers would have to hold a valid licence. Each insurer may differ so your Uncle should contact his insurers and check this with them.
    Regards Seán 

Advertisement