Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance grant for Irish student going to UK

Options
  • 19-05-2017 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Aisha here,

I have accepted a place at Kent Uni for the 1 year top up BA degree Graphic Design course. I have applied for student finance loan to pay for the academic year fees and it is in process. I live in Ireland and will be moving over to England in August/September, however have absolutely no maintenance grant funding available to me from Ireland grant systems as this course is only one year(SUSI only accept 2 years abroad). Is there any chance of a maintenance grant for 1 year duration stay in the UK studying full time by a UK system? Or do I have to be living there for a long time. What is available to me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 matthewsemple

The maintenance loan is not available to EU students as they only get the tuition fee loan. So you won't get anything to live on.

Advertisement