Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sep agreement in Place but Ex's father died

• 19-05-2017 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

We have separation agreement in place and we are due to file this summer for a divorce but recently my ex wife's father died and she has asked for time to get the probate sorted but no timeline was mentioned in her letter. Any advice welcomed. I do not want anything from her and we have no property or children.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If the probabte isn't straightforward, it can be a large weight on someone's shoulders, maybe she just doesn't want to go through that and divorce proceedings at the same time. I can understand why there is no date for probate to compete, she wouldn't know.
    Have you any reason to question this action? Other than you wanting your divorce completed ASAP which is completely reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,018 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It is probably something as simple as she is feeling overwhelmed at the loss of her father, and sorting both probate and the paperwork that has to be dealt with after a death leaves her feeling she just cannot give 'brain space' to anything else at the moment.

This situation is outside her control; could you just let it go for a couple of months then ask what the timeframe is likely to be? I don't know anything about divorce proceedings so I may be missing something, but if not, can you give her a bit of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Aoibhin84

I offered to go down the diy route, pay for it and all she has to do is sign the papers cause we have the sep agreement in place where we both relinquished rights on eachothers incomes and gifts from parents. As far as I can see there is no reason why she would turn this down apart from to stall the process, after 4 years the whole thing has weighed on both our minds. i asked for the divorce due to our deeply unhappy circumstances. I wish her happiness but I need to move on

Advertisement