Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineers Ireland to increase Fees

Options
  • 19-05-2017 9:51am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The agenda for their AGM is as follows
    • Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday 31st May 2016
    • Auditor's report and financial statement for the calendar year 2016 Annual
    • Report 2016 and the President’s review for the 2016-2017 session Director
    • General’s report The appointment of the Vice President To consider and, if thought fit, approve the following recommendation of Council: - "That Council be authorised to determine the rates of annual subscription to be applied for the year 2018"
    • Scrutineers report on the 2017 Council election

• Inauguration of the President for 2017-2018 Any other business

Wonder how much it will go up to support the gravy train?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Is that not on the agenda every year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Beginning to question the value EI membership offers me...it has been a while since I signed anything off using my C.Eng, and I'm worried now that I will have to spend a fortune on following mandatory training in order to maintain membership.
    Anyone else have Eur Ing? Does it have any tricky requirements vis a vis CPD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Could they not, technically, reduce rather than increase the fees?

Dardania wrote: »
    Beginning to question the value EI membership offers me...it has been a while since I signed anything off using my C.Eng, and I'm worried now that I will have to spend a fortune on following mandatory training in order to maintain membership.
    Anyone else have Eur Ing? Does it have any tricky requirements vis a vis CPD?

Any professional organisation without CPD is not worth the letters after your name.

Not that such programmes are above criticism. Just, not having any requirement is not edifying.

Advertisement