Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 star wrestling

Options
  • 18-05-2017 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭

What did ye think of the one million dollar offer this company offered Cm Punk

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A publicity stunt I'm surprised no one tried earlier tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,560 ✭✭✭✭briany

As unlikely as it is that Punk would take up the offer, if he did take it, he'd probably be well-advised to ask for some sort of advance payment, at the minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Is this a promotion built off the back of that horrible video game?

I couldn't see them having 1m to give Punk, unless they are depending on his name to shift tickets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Apparently 5 Star Wrestling are running a 30 date 'arena' tour in the UK this summer, so this is obviously just a publicity stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

$1m for a one off appearance even if he accepted and they had the money to pay him there is not a chance in hell they would draw that kind of money back from the one off.

So total publicity stunt to get the name out on social media and it's worked but I doubt many will buy tickets to their events even with this publicity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Surprised to see 5 star wrestling on Eir Sport 1 right now. Have they been showing wrestling for a while or is this a first? RVD in action at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

2nd weekly episode, on every Thursday while they do this wee tour they have

Advertisement