Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tii Standard Details

Options
  • 18-05-2017 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Why don't the Tii (NRA) provide DWG versions of their standard details?

For those who aren't specifying a roads project, it would be so helpful to incorporate the details into construction drawings. I'm thinking​ for small, medium scale residential or commercial developments

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

con1982 wrote: »
    Why don't the Tii (NRA) provide DWG versions of their standard details?

For those who aren't specifying a roads project, it would be so helpful to incorporate the details into construction drawings. I'm thinking​ for small, medium scale residential or commercial developments

Because they dont want people copying an pasting them. If you want their details you take responsibility for any errors in reproducing them

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Their pdf copies are free. So what difference would it make if the dwgs were free too?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

just quote the standard drawing detail in specification

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Often the standard drawing has notes that reference a section in the Tii (NRA) specification, which doesn't correspond with my specification documents. Eg manhole loading requirements (C250, D400, etc)

It's just a shame that the dwgs aren't made public

Advertisement