Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prefix for 087 number

Options
  • 18-05-2017 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I have people in germany who I want to contact me, will I have to give them a prefix for my 087 number and if they arrive in Ireland will they prefix be the same ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Irish prefix +35387xxx anywhere in the world, german prefix +49xxx. It doesn't change wherever you are. If your people have german number and want to call your mobile they must start with +35387 or you start with +49 if the other way around.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

katy39 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I have people in germany who I want to contact me, will I have to give them a prefix for my 087 number and if they arrive in Ireland will they prefix be the same ?:confused:

If they are in Germany, they need to ring you at +35387xxxxxxx. If they are visiting in Ireland, they can still phone you on +35387xxxxxxx but, if they just use 087xxxxxxx it will work too.

You can use the +35387 everywhere, since it is full international format. And, in fact, you are better always storing numbers in your phone with the full format.

Advertisement