Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung offer that's unsuitable

Options
  • 18-05-2017 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

At the start of the year there was a Samsung offer that if you bought a Galaxy S7 phone (several places offered this inc CPW, Three etc) , Samsung would give you a "free" Gear Fit fitness tracker. It took a month for the claim to be processed and another month to send it out (slow but fine)
    When it arrived it was a Size Large. I checked back on the offer claim website - which purported to be Samsung but is in all likelihood run by a 3rd party on their behalf- and there was no mention of sizes/choice.
    I contacted Samsung on Chat and was told they don't "do" a size small (even though it's on their website). When i pointed this out, I was told to buy my own strap. (Straps are generic ; there is no Samsung replacement strap)
    I subsequently DM Samsung Ireland on Twitter and was told the ones from the offer only came in large. Nowhere was this mentioned at the time if purchase, on the Carphone WH etc sites, the Samsung site etc.
    If I'd known that I might not have gone for the offer. I feel if I am going to get something like this it should either be clear what I'm getting ir I should have haf a choice of size.
    Is there anything else I can do? I haven't opened the Band as it's useless to me as it is. I would like Samsung to swap it gor a Small.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I subsequently DM Samsung Ireland on Twitter and was told the ones from the offer only came in large.

This is where its at. They obviously set aside a quantity of large trackers, sent out by the 3rd party and that's all that was available. Nothing you can do - regardless whether it was stated or not at the time of sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

testicles wrote: »
    Suck it up.

Really? If you pay premium for a phone to get a free gift ( so in reality a bundle) it doesn't need to be useable?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Really? If you pay premium for a phone to get a free gift ( so in reality a bundle) it doesn't need to be useable?

It is useable - Small size as stated by Samsung on twitter to you was not part of the offer. Does Not make the phone or tracker unusable.
    You bought the deal - their sales pitch worked. That's how marketing works. Free gifts are not the focus of this deal, they got you to buy the phone and you accepted the extra part of the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Ah well.
    Anyone want to buy a fitness tracker?!?! (Size undisclosed) :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

It is usable just not for you. The strap is simply too big for your arm but that doesn't mean some-one else couldn't use it.

And it doesn't mean you can't use the phone or tracker.

I'd suck it up and move on if I were, why bother kicking up a fuss over a strap?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Straps start at £2 on eBay. It's hardly worth getting rid of or claiming it's unusable for the sake of s couple of quid.

Advertisement