Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Route to Take - Chapelizod Bypass to Windmill Lane

Options
  • 18-05-2017 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Alright guys,

I've recently moved into Windmill Lane and I want to get your opinion on which is the best route to hit the least amount of rush hour traffic on the way home.

I hit the end of the Chapelizod Bypass around 4:10/4:15. At the moment I head on down past Heuston and down the Quays, turning right on OConnell Bridge then left before college green to go down Townsend Street (much quicker than continuing along the Quays!). This gets me to the house around 4:45.

However I'm wondering is there a better way of doing it? One option is to avoid the Quays by turning onto Dolphin Road/Parnell Rd along the canal and come out on Pearse St then onto Macken St (but this looks mental anytime I'm on it so I don't think this would work).

PS Public transport ins't an option - I work in West Kildare so I need the car unfortunately!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Avoid the canal, seriously! You seem to have a decent route.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Gleedog

Yeah it could be a lot worse - those stuck on the Bypass leaving Dublin around that time for instance!

Cheers

Advertisement