Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backlash PPV Thread (SD spoilers)

Options
  • 17-05-2017 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭

From Chicago which means stupid CM Punk chants

The main events are:

The debut of Nakamura v Dolph Ziggler
    Kevin Owens defends the US title against AJ Styles
    Randy Orton defends WWE title against Jinder Mahal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,462 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Be great if Jinder won

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

3 "main events"? What is this, a WrestleMania?

A Smackdown Backlash happened only 8 months ago. What is this, some kind of timeloop?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,962 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Be great if Jinder won

I'm thinking he will but will lose it on the next episode of SD

It will be one of those shock endings like the streak ending etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

PTH2009 wrote: »

Please don't say that, it makes me have Christian PTSD flashbacks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »

Can't see him losing it straight away on the next episode of SD. Money in the Bank is four weeks away and a Smackdown show so could see him holding the belt until then and probably dropping it to however wins the briefcase.

• Advertisement

English actually has a good voice

Don't think I'm going to be able to stay awake for it all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Breezango is easily my new favourite team!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I now need a breezango title run

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Guy pulls up in a limo, has two servants lay a carpet for him..... Moans about America not accepting him.

#wweLogic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

What a runaway success this ppv was. There is a new WWE champion & nobody cared enough to comment on it.
    I just read the results on Wikipedia tbh.
    Maybe some are comatose after watching Jinder in a main event even AJ Styles couldn't pull a good match out of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Was thinking the exact same, I was like "It was very quiet here last night"

Was thinking the exact same, I was like "It was very quiet here last night"

I initially thought that the ppv was called Payback when I searched for results; as that & Backlash basically mean the same thing. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus forgot this was even on. Only realised after being on skysports.com and seeing a picture of jinder with the belt :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Even with the likley hood that we were getting a new champion, I think there was zero interest in this PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I legit spent the week looking forward to Takeover, watched Takeover then completely forgot about Backlash. How bad is it that I remembered a show exclusively on the Network but forgot about a PPV that was pushed more?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Owens v AJ

For the US title, with no heat or buzz around it. What a waste. Sums up WWE main roster for me.

Yeah, its great they want to crack the india market, then just have Jinder win the US title and call it the India title.

Keep AJ and Owens apart until you want/are ready tondo a hot feud, they cant do that again now for Summerslam or a Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I can only think Jinder is a transitional champion, and the belt will be on AJ or Nakamura next so they keep Orton vs either of those guys fresh for Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Everyone's reaction to the PPV seems to be "Meh" but not the Indian commentary team...

https://streamable.com/72790

• Registered Users Posts: 60,396 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The weak link in 3MB is the World Champ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I can only think Jinder is a transitional champion, and the belt will be on AJ or Nakamura next so they keep Orton vs either of those guys fresh for Summerslam

Don't bet on it.

Vince wants to milk the Indian market for all it's worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

SlickRic wrote: »
    Don't bet on it.

Vince wants to milk the Indian market for all it's worth.

Are they touring India soon? I wonder if he actually will be a draw for India, he was born in and trained in Canada, I know Irish people would certainly reject some New Yorker claiming to be Irish because of Irish ancestor

If he is a draw there surely a month until Money in the Bank is enough for him to be promoted there

It's not so much Jinder himself that people laughing and the crickets out, it's the fact he went from the jobber concussing Balor to challenging for the title in 2 weeks to winning it in 6 weeks, like it's taken almost a year for Baron Corbin to be accepted close to an upper card talent and people are accepting him fine, ditto for Braun Strowman

would not of predicted Jinder to be world champ but fair play to him

imagine he join the list of all those 'meh champs' that Whatculture and all those guys on youtube do

I can see him losing the title on SD 2morrow night or at MITB, id be very surprised if he holds onto it going into Summerslam

Who do you think will be in the MITB match, rumours of
    Rusev winning it

Still wont say to Becky with that hair lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Are they touring India soon?

India is WWE mad, with a huge audience, but WWE don't make the money off them that they should.

If there's a tour soon, that's coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It was so stupid but I found Breeze rolling back and forth away from Uso hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The annoying thing is that Breezango can really bloody work, though I suppose once Vinny Mac sees you in a dress or a cop outfit his mind is made up on your....eh... position.... within the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really hope that they give Jinder Mahal a year long run. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I really hope that they give Jinder Mahal a year long run. :P

Nah Rusev to beat him at Money In The Bank, then it'll be Rusev's time to shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

A terrible show. I'm very much regretting re subbing for the network. WWE is in a terrible state.

I really hope that they give Jinder Mahal a year long run.

The question is do they wait until Mania to have him make his entrance on an elephant?

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    The question is do they wait until Mania to have him make his entrance on an elephant?

just got this imagine in my head 0.53-1.06

Advertisement