Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this laptop play Sims 3?

Options
  • 17-05-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Thinking of purchasing a new laptop (currently one is a Lenovo g560 which has done me well for 6 years but is now slow and overheats now and then).
    Was in the local computer shop and they recommended this laptop:

A Lenovo 310-15ISK

Intel Core I3-6100U,
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    4GB RAM
    1TB HDD
    2GB Nvidia Graphics.

Coming in at €549.

Anyone know if this would be suitable to run sims 3 or maybe even Sims 4? I don't want to pay for a laptop that will only do some of the things I like!

Any help would be really appreciated!! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dave0JV

Should be fine, as far as I'm aware the minimum requirements for the Sims 3 is 1GB of RAM and a 2Ghz processor, which that has

• Registered Users Posts: 3 atorm10

Did you buy this laptop? If so how was it playing the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

According to Notebook Check the Nvidia 920MX which is in that laptop will run Sims 4 at ultra settings pretty OK.

They're generally not demanding games at all so should work on virtually anything new.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 atorm10

Would this laptop play the sims 3/4?

Lenovo Lenovo Ideapad 305 Intel Core I3, 4GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, 15.6 Inch Laptop

Thanks for the help! I really don't have a clue about processors etc but just want to be able to play sims and want to get the correct laptop but not for a crazy price as it will only be for the sims, Internet browsing and similar :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Should do, won't be amazing (the video chip on that Ideapad 305 isn't great), but if you can lash another 4 GB of RAM into it, you'll have a laptop that'll be ok for the next couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Assuming that's the 305 with the i3-5005U (the processor model matters, there are different generation i3's going back to 2010) it would run Sims 3 at high settings fine with the integrated Intel graphics. Sims 4 at medium settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jezabelle28

atorm10 wrote: »

Hey atorm- will be going in this week or next week to get it! Thanks everyone else for the replies, looking forward to getting a laptop that won't overheat on me :D

atorm10 wrote: »

Sorry for the delay in replying, bought the Lenovo ideapad 310, plays the sims2 and 2 expansion packs perfectly. Unfortunately I had the sims3 on my old laptop and the fecking thing doesn't allow to be put onto two computers! had awful problems with the origin account to begin with. Think I could download the sims3 from my origin account but with my awful internet it was talking about taking 3 days to download it!! So currently just using it for sims2 and it's working perfectly, real nice laptop!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That sounds strange, Origin has let me install things on 2 different computers, at the risk of asking a daft question, you're definitely logging in to the correct account on the new one, yea? It's supposed to let you just download it no matter what machine you're on as long as you've logged into your Origin account, that's the whole point of the service. If you've got potato internet, well there's nothing anyone can do for you - get some proper tubes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sorry for the delay in replying, bought the Lenovo ideapad 310, plays the sims2 and 2 expansion packs perfectly. Unfortunately I had the sims3 on my old laptop and the fecking thing doesn't allow to be put onto two computers! had awful problems with the origin account to begin with. Think I could download the sims3 from my origin account but with my awful internet it was talking about taking 3 days to download it!! So currently just using it for sims2 and it's working perfectly, real nice laptop!

Have you tried just copying the files between machines?
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Transferring-origin-games-to-new-pc/td-p/5580255

• Advertisement

Do have pretty cr** internet alright, just terrible, living out in the sticks isn't any good!:rolleyes:
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Have you tried just copying the files between machines?

Haven't tried that one!

Advertisement