Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPU Backplates

Options
  • 17-05-2017 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a good site for purchasing one of these? I've got an MSI 1070 armour but the dust is starting to become an issue on the backplate! Are such things available?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Just buy an air spray and give it a blast every week. Far cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Might be a better investment to make sure there is good airflow through the case and that there are dust filters in front of the intake fans. Dust hasn't been an issue in my machine even when I'm not the most regular at looking inside to check dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Ah right, well I've a Corsair 200r carbide case. Two fans, front and back. had been considering adding two more on top but there'd still be gap for dust to leak through the grills. I'm afraid of using canned air for fear of drops landing on the backplate, just don't want a build up of dust sticking to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Where have you got the pc that it's picking up so much dust?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

In the bedroom, raised off the carpet obviously. I do dust regularly but there's always a bit that lands on the back of the card. I've gone and ordered more fans for the top part of the case, might do a re-jig of how I've the fans setup and go from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement