Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty handset already sent for repair

Options
  • 16-05-2017 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

So, I have a Sony Xperia bought on contract with Three less than a year ago. Started having problems with signal issues a, few months into the contract. Now, I went through the usual channels regarding resolving the issue, and ended up sending the phone away for repair. Fault still happening.

So now, I am literally at my wits end. That phone is almost unusable. I now can't make or receive calls or texts at home. While before I had soome signal at home, now I have none whatsoever. Data up and down, goes from not bad to none at all.

Ran about 20 speedtests this morning, on a stretch of about 35 miles, heading into Dublin. At least half of the tests , I had the "network communications error" fault. And some of which were in the Dublin area(Lucan/Palmerston/Castleknock).

I really want to go back to the store and say I'd like a new phone that works. My phone has already been for repair and the fault is still happening, worse than ever before.
    Why do I have to go through all the red tape shíte, sending in letters, contacting customer care, etc.?

Rant over.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If its less than a year old bring it back to the store you purchased it from.

They can try a repair again as it may be something simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

CeilingFly wrote: »
    If its less than a year old bring it back to the store you purchased it from.

They can try a repair again as it may be something simple.

Surely it should have been repaired the first time since they knew the fault, yet didn't fix it. Can't really be without the phone for another 2 weeks. I had the borrow a friends old phone. I need the phone for my business, and have apps on it for work purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Which model?

Do other three users have the same issue in your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

ED E wrote: »
    Which model?

Do other three users have the same issue in your house?

Sony Xperia X. My son has the original Xperia from a few years ago . Phone is in bits but gives full bars on the Three network.

Advertisement