Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you pay the ransom to get Pirates of the Caribbean 5 back?

Options
  • 16-05-2017 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

Avast ye Landlubbers!

Is this the best way to stop really terrible and frankly unwanted films from being made in the future? If only someone had done this with Indy 4 a legend mightn't have been tarnished so.

Would you pay the ransom to get Pirates of the Caribbean 5 back 4 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Nae
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

What?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Extra publicity, how bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,378 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Was it on HSE computers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

How much?

And

What are you on about????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭dadad231

pjohnson wrote: »
    Was it on HSE computers?

Yep it was on the 486 they got as last year :)

Pity the hackers couldn't have deleted the only copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭milehip

Avast ye Landlubbers!

Is this the best way to stop really terrible and frankly unwanted films from being made in the future? If only someone had done this with Indy 4 a legend mightn't have been tarnished so.

Back From who?? ya scurvy dog!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'd pay it for a good movie but not for Pirates 5. The first one was great but it has been a downward slope since.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

What argh you on about Matey :)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Hopefully someone encrypts the transformers films

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

They're not holding it hostage, they're threatening to release it, in fairness, Disney are making exactly the same threat, they just want you to pay also!

Disney will pay. It can do real damage to your box office prospects to have your movie all over the internet before it's released at the box office, that happened to Tarantino's The Hateful Eight and it killed the box office for the movie. It opened below trending expectations because so many had already seen it. For a POtC movie, the cost to Disney could run into the tens of millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭sjb25

I'd pay it for a good movie but not for Pirates 5. The first one was great but it has been a downward slope since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'd pay them to keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Am i the only one giggling that Pirates5 was stolen by hacker pirates?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Imagine it will be as fulfilling an experience as that "the Interview" film was.

Advertisement