Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small offence that requires imprisonment?

Options
  • 16-05-2017 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

For a person who can't afford a mortgage and doesn't have many friends. What is the least offensive crime that would require long-term imprisonment? Just asking for a friend who can't afford a mortgage, no house or family. He just needs a few meals a day. Maybe some TV. A gym would be a plus. Also company would be good. Hot water on tap would be a plus. Would he have to commit murder or would a burglary be acceptable? He does realise that he would have to give up his liberty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

If he is a member of certain minorities, comes form a broken home, has addiction problems, didn't really mean it, or had drink taken, then there's probably no crime short of mass murder, non-payment of a TV licence fine, or misdeclaration of VAT on garlic imports that will get him decent jail time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tax dodging I'd say. The state will give you(r friend) some serious time for that but regular people aren't too pushed unless you're Bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Tell your friend to google 'bombmakers cookbook' on his home computer and start googling the ingredients. It will not take them long to lock him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Logo

Gravelly wrote: »
    If he is a member of certain minorities, comes form a broken home, has addiction problems, didn't really mean it, or had drink taken, then there's probably no crime short of mass murder, non-payment of a TV licence fine, or misdeclaration of VAT on garlic imports that will get him decent jail time.

For someone not from a certain minority, not from a broken home, no obvious addiction issues, TV licence paid to date, non-garlic fan, just 3 penalty points from speeding to get to work (which cost a weeks wage extra). So what's the ideal crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Walk into the US embassy with a replica gun in your hand and start shouting. If you survive, you'll get what you are looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Import garlic and say its apples.

Logo wrote: »
    For someone not from a certain minority, not from a broken home, no obvious addiction issues, TV licence paid to date, non-garlic fan, just 3 penalty points from speeding to get to work (which cost a weeks wage extra). So what's the ideal crime?

Post something nasty about a murderous middle-eastern religious cult, and the hate speech brigade will lobby for some serious time for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

osarusan wrote: »
    Walk into the US embassy with a replica gun in your hand and start shouting. If you survive, you'll get what you are looking for.

Would that not get him locked up in a US jail, sharing a sell with some huge gang member, considering it's considered US soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Would that not get him locked up in a US jail, sharing a sell with some huge gang member, considering it's considered US soil.

That's the company he was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Has he considered signing up to become a priest?
    You're housed for life, get a nice car, no shortage of tae and can have as much sex as you like so long as you're discrete about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭skankkuvhima

He's just a middle-aged man who's looking for a life worth living. He has no property or family to speak of. Would be nice for him to hook up with others and use a gym. As a solitary person it might be good to watch a flat screen TV too, he says. So does he need to knife someone?

He's just a middle-aged man who's looking for a life worth living. He has no property or family to speak of. Would be nice for him to hook up with others and use a gym. As a solitary person it might be good to watch a flat screen TV too, he says. So does he need to knife someone?

VVVVVVAAAAAAAATTTTTT

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

appear in court for something minor and then give the judge a slap in the chops

Grindr

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Rent an apartment for himself, at least he'll get to keep his arsehole intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I'd guess if he setup a facebook page to raise cash for ISIS ... he'd be getting regular meals in a flash

• Registered Users Posts: 17,856 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

might be something to do when you are eighty , consider it the last thing on your bucket list, second last being rob a bank, cheaper than a nursing home and hopefully don't make it on the list of whatever the Irish equivalent of a bubba is.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

For a victimless crime a bit of blasphemy should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Well, you could say you woke up and they were in your house, in your bed and you don't remember anything.

That would see them get a few years if they admitted something you forgot happened.

No real victim and they / you get the end result you want.

• Advertisement

All I'm hearing is grindr (whatever that is); bombmaker guide book; someone who assumes that he's straight; another guy recommending a bank robbery.

Well, you could say you woke up and they were in your house, in your bed and you don't remember anything.

That would see them get a few years if they admitted something you forgot happened.

No real victim and they / you get the end result you want.
    What's the crime? I often wake up wondering stuff like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

If only there was a law against trolling and starting bullsh1t threads, you (sorry he) would be sorted.

All I'm hearing is grindr (whatever that is); bombmaker guide book; someone who assumes that he's straight; another guy recommending a bank robbery.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What's the crime? I often wake up wondering stuff like that..

Eh, breaking and entering and burglary... you decide which one is the innuendo, either works fine.

For a person who can't afford a mortgage and doesn't have many friends. What is the least offensive crime that would require long-term imprisonment? Just asking for a friend who can't afford a mortgage, no house or family. He just needs a few meals a day. Maybe some TV. A gym would be a plus. Also company would be good. Hot water on tap would be a plus. Would he have to commit murder or would a burglary be acceptable? He does realise that he would have to give up his liberty.[/QUOTE
    Believe it or not but I'm not trolling! I'm just looking for an honest answer. I've seen too many honest guys having a hard life while others behind bars appear to flourish. So I'm just wondering what's the ideal crime that can get someone behind bars without injury to anyone else?

Believe it or not but I'm not trolling! I'm just looking for an honest answer. I've seen too many honest guys having a hard life while others behind bars appear to flourish. So I'm just wondering what's the ideal crime that can get someone behind bars without injury to anyone else?

vat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

For a person who can't afford a mortgage and doesn't have many friends. What is the least offensive crime that would require long-term imprisonment? Just asking for a friend who can't afford a mortgage, no house or family. He just needs a few meals a day. Maybe some TV. A gym would be a plus. Also company would be good. Hot water on tap would be a plus. Would he have to commit murder or would a burglary be acceptable? He does realise that he would have to give up his liberty.

What your "friend" needs is a fat chick.
    They'll take him in, feed him, house him and so on, all he needs to is.......nah fúck it - tell him a killing spree is his way out:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Ok skankkuvhima. We get it.

• Advertisement

Barbie! wrote: »
    Ok skankkuvhima. We get it.

Boards.ie really has gone to ****

Advertisement