Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Worst Horse In Training?

Options
  • 15-05-2017 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen some bad horses on the track down through the years but I am not sure I have seen one as bad as what's going out tomorrow.

A Definite Diamond runs in a class 5 handicap tomorrow in the 7:10 at Chepstow and has a handicap rating of just 1. In the seven runs it's had previously, it has finished last on every occasion. In fairness though, it has shown some improvement - on its last occasion, it only finished 31 lengths behind the leader.

With a horse like that, you just have to wonder why even bother keeping it in training? It's so bad, it'll never win any sort of race and given that you can buy proven horse that are already in training for as little as ?5000 that will have some sort of chance at winning a poor race - why bother?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Plot horse (NAP) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Yes, why was it off the course for a year. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

A horse in the mould of Pack Your Bags, eh? Someone should inform Kauto. I wonder when they'll let the handbrake off, it'll rack up a sequence!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Guy that lives near me has a share in a horse with Eugene O Sullivan. Won 2 races in the space of 10 days in 2015. Hasnt won since. Been switched over hurdles and fences but no joy with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Half of the horses that cant win a race dont even get fed, send any horse the likes of Rothwell trains and give it to Elliot or Mullins and they will get 2 stone improvement minimum out of it, youknowhatimeanharry and clondaw warrior are prime examples of horses with trainers that couldnt train a pig to roll in ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Finished 2nd last. At least we know it was trying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Finished 2nd last. At least we know it was trying :)
    It improved about 2 stone for that run :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Drawn stall 1 didn't help.
    One for the notebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Advertisement