Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter nuisance

Options
  • 15-05-2017 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I signed up to Twitter a few months back, just to see what it was and what it did. I've found it's of no interest to me, so how do I stop it?
    And while it's still on my phone, why does it send me random tweets.... sometimes from websites I've browsed? I assume it's not just coincidence, so what's the link?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Deactivating your account
    https://support.twitter.com/articles/15358

Are you actively following the websites? It could be just spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

biko wrote: »
    Deactivating your account
    https://support.twitter.com/articles/15358

Are you actively following the websites? It could be just spam.

No, may have gone into them a few times while surfing, but didn't interact in any way, had a browse then moved on. Next day, a tweet from the site with a 'news' update?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

tony glenn wrote: »
    No, may have gone into them a few times while surfing, but didn't interact in any way, had a browse then moved on. Next day, a tweet from the site with a 'news' update?

It's likely just ads based on your cookies. If you don't want to deactivate your Twitter account as Biko suggested above, consider turning off all notifications. If you're not sure how to, I can tell you. I've noticed recently that they've started emailing me those silly "tweets you may be interested in" type emails again.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

It's likely just ads based on your cookies. If you don't want to deactivate your Twitter account as Biko suggested above, consider turning off all notifications. If you're not sure how to, I can tell you. I've noticed recently that they've started emailing me those silly "tweets you may be interested in" type emails again.

I've unsubscribed and feel much better already lol!!

Advertisement