Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Me Name This Song

• 15-05-2017 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

It's an indie song from the mid/late 90's which got some play on MTV. The video featured this sort of surfer guy who had a guitar which could do all sorts of weird stuff. At one point he is surfing while playing guitar in a contest, at one point I believe he is fishing with the guitar, then he cooks marshmallows on the end of the strings. At the end a jealous sort robs the guitar and drives off to make his escape, there's a car chase by the cliffs where our lead gets his prize guitar back before it transforms into a rocket and he blasts off into the sky. Does anyone know the name of this song/artist? I have tried to find it by googling the scenes from the video to no avail.

Please tell me this is real and I have not gone mad and constructed some sort of crazy fictional band/song/video in my mind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,183 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

very disapointed I'm failing at this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Could you describe the song or band or any more info at all? Mexican wave by kerbdog was considered and duly dismissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I cannot remember any of the lyrics or too much about the song itself, it was a very long time ago since I saw it. I do remember that it was set or shot in Big Sur or somewhere very similar on the west coast of california, most of it was filmed on a beach and the finale on a cliff road. The tone of the video was a very 90's cheesy vibe. The singer was American for sure, he had long dark hair and sort of reminded me of J Mascis, but again it was so long ago I wouldn't be too sure. The song itself was a sort of laid back jangly alt pop, fairly catchy if I recall. I know this is all very vague, it literally just popped into my head the other day and when I couldn't find it it started to wreak my head.

I am an idiot

Looks like J Mascis? Yeah ...

In my defense I was very young at the time and I'm not that familiar with Dinosaur Jr (not that I dislike them). I might make a point of listening to their entire catalog now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Would not have got that one!

• Advertisement

I wouldn't either had you not asked me for further details. I hadn't really focused on what the singer looked like, more describing the details of the video. I spent close to an hour trying to find this the other day but failing miserably, memory sure is a funny thing.

Advertisement