Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo laptop & Samsung screen suddenly not working

Options
  • 15-05-2017 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

In work I have a lenovo lapto running Windows 10 which I had hooked up via HDMI to a samsung monitor. All working fine out of the box. One day a few weeks ago I turned it on and the monitor wasn't displaying a picture, although it does look like it's detecting the laptop input (when I plug out the HDMI cable from the laptop, you can see the display change, when it's plugged in the monitor has that kind of "blue-black" colour, does that make sense? But when I plug it out it goes totally black, looks like it's turned off).

I thought it was the cable so I just got a new one in but the same thing is still happening. I've tried changing the refresh rate, the resolution and choosing all the possible options for the display (duplicate, extend, etc) but nothing works.

Any ideas of what I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Does it work on another external monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

RossieMan wrote: »
    Does it work on another external monitor?

Unfortunately I haven't been able to check that (all the other monitors in the office aren't HDMI). Might bring it home this evening and check it on our tv at home.

Advertisement