Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Public Services Card for theory test

• 15-05-2017 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all,

I plan to do my theory test soonish and I notice they are changing the ID requirements.

"From June 16th, any person sitting the Driver Theory Test will be required to present a Public Services Card (PSC) at the Test Centre as proof of ID.

From the 1st June 2017, in order to book a theory test (or CPC Exam) you will need the 12 digit number from the rear of the card."

Just want to make sure that I understand this correctly. If I book my test now or in a few days and if my theory test given to me is before 16th of June I shouldn't need this public services card when I arrive at the test center right?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭dennyk

I wouldn't think so, since it doesn't come into force until June 16th and the online booking won't start requiring it until June 1st. Should be easy enough for you to get a public services card, though, since taking a theory test would now be a qualifying reason to request one.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Ayewserious

Hi guys my theroy test is this week can someone please dumb down what ID I need to bring in to the test ? Thanks

Advertisement