Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website design

• 14-05-2017 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Ok so here goes,

I'd like to set up a baby feeding support website. A place where new mothers can come to for support and guidance around having a newborn and feeding. I've looked into domains and the ones I like are free. I have ideas for blogs, links to articles and a heap of information that isn't readily available to my target audience.

My problem is, I just don't know how to put together an easy to navigate and user friendly website. From being a mother of two I think I've discovered a bit of a niche in the market which certain companies maybe interested in for advertising too.

Edit: I forgot to mention I would like someone to help design the website - be it a college student, a professional etc I don't mind. I would appreciate any help with it because I truly believe there's a massive amount of new mothers who would appreciate my website.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭daymobrew

It's great that you have ideas about advertising.

I am a big fan of WordPress, a very popular content management system where it is easy to create articles and pages and much more.
    It is easy to find a nice design for a WordPress site and your site can be enhanced and extended with plugins.

I suggest writing down all your ideas and the features you would like on your site. This can be presented to the person you ask to develop your site.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

daymobrew wrote: »
    I suggest writing down all your ideas and the features you would like on your site. This can be presented to the person you ask to develop your site.

+1

Certainly makes getting an accurate quote easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

daymobrew wrote: »
    It's great that you have ideas about advertising.

I am a big fan of WordPress, a very popular content management system where it is easy to create articles and pages and much more.
    It is easy to find a nice design for a WordPress site and your site can be enhanced and extended with plugins.

Great thanks for the advice. I'll get to writing down my ideas and what kind of features I would like.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

happypants wrote: »
    Ok so here goes,

I'd like to set up a baby feeding support website. A place where new mothers can come to for support and guidance around having a newborn and feeding. I've looked into domains and the ones I like are free. I have ideas for blogs, links to articles and a heap of information that isn't readily available to my target audience.

My problem is, I just don't know how to put together an easy to navigate and user friendly website. From being a mother of two I think I've discovered a bit of a niche in the market which certain companies maybe interested in for advertising too.

Edit: I forgot to mention I would like someone to help design the website - be it a college student, a professional etc I don't mind. I would appreciate any help with it because I truly believe there's a massive amount of new mothers who would appreciate my website.

Did you make any progress with this?

I'd be happy to help out a bit.

Advertisement