Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scar tissue, lobes, stretching

Options
  • 14-05-2017 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

My lobe piercings have been closed up for almost 20 years now - I had them done with a gun which resulted in a lot of scar tissue which has never gone away.

For quite a while now I have been thinking that I would like to stretch my ears (or even just one) but realise this may not be possible when they are scarred.

I know I can get them pierced, but should I try get rid of this tissue before I do - if so, how long would this take (and is bio-oil the best for this?), and if it does go away, could I think about stretching then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Best to ask a decent piercer this, as nobody here could advise you on that without the knowledge, or being able to examine your ears/scar tissue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I had one lobe pierced twice with guns... never healed properly, always uncomfortable. I took the jewelry out for about 15 years, then put it back in (gold). I haven't had any issues in the past 5 years, comfortable and no issues... So either I was using cheap jewellery (it was surgical steel) or the gun caused so much trauma that it ****ed up the piercings long term... I'm inclined to go with the second scenario. My piercings never closed up... after 15 years I was able to just pop some studs in there, no problem.

I know this doesn't really help you, but I thought it would be nice to tell a wee story here today...

Advertisement