Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty on replacement item?

Options
  • 14-05-2017 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a USB stick from Amazon 6 months ago and it stopped working a couple of weeks ago. There was a 12 month warranty with it and I wasnt sure whether to return it to Amazon or contact the manufacturer, Kingston.

I went to Kingston's website looking to see if there were any known faults with this item or perhaps a software update of some sort that might bring it to life again but I ended up filling in a form (more to describe the problem) and they contacted me and said they would send a replacement which they did. I would give them 10/10 for customer care btw.

The replacement usb stick they sent is a better quality one in that its waterproof, shock proof etc but it also carries a 5 year warranty - I found this on the amazon website.

So essentially my question is if something goes wrong with it in say a year from now am I covered unde their 5 year warranty on the replacement or will it be the 1 year warranty on the original?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Your entitlement is still 12 months' warranty from the date of original purchase.

Advertisement