Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up APN

Options
  • 13-05-2017 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

Switched to new phone company and according to their website I need to set up two APN's, one for Internet and one for mms. Put in the settings for Internet with no problem. The mms settings list that APN protocol should be set to IPv4 but there is no section for APN protocol in my APN settings. Am I missing something here? Never had to set these up myself before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Switched to new phone company and according to their website I need to set up two APN's, one for Internet and one for mms. Put in the settings for Internet with no problem. The mms settings list that APN protocol should be set to IPv4 but there is no section for APN protocol in my APN settings. Am I missing something here? Never had to set these up myself before

What phone and what network?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

HTC 10 on Id network

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I tried to enter it all in, but it doesn't save it for some reason, once I've more than the name and apn in.

Anyway, do you actually send / receive mms? If not, wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I don't send them too often but would send 3 or 4 a month. I got onto Id and they told me to input the rest of the settings that are listed and see if that works. Added them in and they saved fine, but still can't send mms. Think I'll just have to put up with it.

Advertisement