Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan bbq

Options
  • 12-05-2017 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello

Im a meat eater but have a friend who is vegan, I have a lot of bbq and I have kinda become bored of cooking vegan burgers. I looking for something a bit more interesting.

So does any have an suggestions

Anthony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

That's very admirable and accommodating of you! Doesn't look very BBQ out my window this morning though :)

I presume you mean shop bought veggie burgers which are ok but if you want something different, things like corn on the cob, portobello mushrooms etc are very handy (you can make dressings like vegan butter with black pepper and crushed chili seed for the corn, or balsamic vinegar goes well with the mushrooms).

Feeling more adventurous you can go with marinated tofu skewers - use cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, courgettes, pearl onions etc. along with the marinated tofu - you can make up a marinade with 1/4 cup soya sauce (or preferably tamari), 1 tbsp roasted sesame oil, 2 tsp agave or maple syrup, 1 tbsp grated or chopped ginger, 1 tbsp tomato puree, 2 cloves garlic peeled and quartered and salt and pepper. Chop tofu to cubes the same size as the cherry tomatoes and marinade overnight. Make skewers and when BBQing keep pouring the marinade over.

My own favourite are seitan-chickpea burgers - let me know if you want the recipe for them...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Try something with aubergines, maybe? They love a BBQ.
    Slice them thickly and salt them, then leave them for maybe half an hour before putting them in the BBQ. Brush them with a bit of chili oil and garlic, and sprinkle with some oregano and thyme.

Advertisement