Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skin issues?

Options
  • 12-05-2017 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I've been vegetarian for over a year now, but over the past few months I've noticed a persistent patch of sore-ish, kinda spotty/dry skin on my chin. It's not a big patch, and it's not really that noticeable under makeup etc, but it's certainly something I'd like to sort out. Has anybody else had skin problems, and what are the likely culprits?

I do eat some processed veggie foods, like Quorn etc but certainly not in excessive amounts, and my diet is relatively good overall. Could soy be a culprit? I don't overeat this either, but would probably eat more now (ditto for Quorn) than I would have before becoming vegetarian.

As well a H&B vegan multivitamin supplement, I'm also taking Vitamin D and Biotin supplements. My skincare routine has not changed significantly over the past while either.

Any suggestions or experiences with this to share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 NoFace

I actually had something similar that went on for 4 years, witht he patch of dry skin growing at a very slow rate (about 1cm/year). I tried every skin care routing that people recommended and nothing worked. Turned out it was a yeast infection, and it went away after using anti-fungal medication I got over the counter (though you shouldn't try this without consulting a doctor). I tried it as a "I wonder what would happen if..." thought, and never would've found out if I hadn't!

I would try washing with Aqueous Cream and using Silcocks Base as a moisturiser to try get rid of the dry skin, and seeing a dermatologist if that doesn't work. You can use both of those creams as both, but I found that routine better for when I actually had dry skin!

Advertisement