Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 18 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Yeah seen it there, looks like the ridiculous 1 handed catches are back

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I shall be back..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Some good footage at E3 last week. Can't link to it but easy to find online.

It would be great to be able to get a good number of players in a franchise for Madden 18.

That season when we had a full franchise (Madden 13) was so enjoyable and of course the year before and after too.

Then the Xbox One and PS4 had to come along and ruin everything! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Don't think I'll be getting it this year,haven't played Madden in months.

Haven't watched any footage of the upcoming game either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Don't think I'll be getting it this year,haven't played Madden in months.

Haven't watched any footage of the upcoming game either.

someone else might have a chance on winning something :pac:

I'm just at the end of my thesis, so will be picking it up.

If theres a solid league on boards i'll play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Anyone know the release date for this? I've seen 22nd and 25th in various places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

AFAIK the G.O.A.T. version is out 1st, then the standard version a few days later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

infacteh wrote: »
    AFAIK the G.O.A.T. version is out 1st, then the standard version a few days later

Wait so you have to pay extra to get it ahead of standard version? What a load of **** from EA. Was half thinking of picking it up on release to tide me over until PES/FIFA but that sales pitch really really annoys me. Will wait until nearer Christmas so thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

It's out today - I've only played a couple of games while the other game modes download but seems good so far. Don't see any noticeable difference to Madden 17, though I'm sure some will make themselves apparent the more I play it.

Edit: A few hours later and I have to say, there won't be a Friday Night Lights fan out there who doesn't at least like the new Longshot mode a little :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

It's out today - I've only played a couple of games while the other game modes download but seems good so far. Don't see any noticeable difference to Madden 17, though I'm sure some will make themselves apparent the more I play it.

Edit: A few hours later and I have to say, there won't be a Friday Night Lights fan out there who doesn't at least like the new Longshot mode a little :D

It's a great mode I enjoyed it, hope they flesh it out further in the next Madden, what console are you on?

• Advertisement

tripperman wrote:
    It's a great mode I enjoyed it, hope they flesh it out further in the next Madden, what console are you on?

PS4.

I'm very disappointed that there's no actual NFL games in Longshot though :(

PS4.

Would be great if you got to play a preseason game or take reps in training camp,

If you're looking for PS4 cfm Madden pfl has a new one getting started up,

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

PS4.

They gotta have a selling point for Madden 19!

Anyone know where the cheapest place to pick this up is?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Played the trial version and liked it enough to pick up the full game. I will say though, playing franchise mode on All Pro has been a bit easy.

I'm the Giants, who are better this year than they have been in ages, so maybe that adds to it.

Unfortunately my powerline adapter has started having issues, so the connection to my xbox isn't at all reliable at the moment. Don't really trust myself to play online until I have it sorted.

Knex. wrote: »
    Played the trial version and liked it enough to pick up the full game. I will say though, playing franchise mode on All Pro has been a bit easy.

Similar experience myself.

I played through an All-Pro season with the Titans. I struggled passing the ball, but found running it very easy. Broke the single season rushing record by 100 yards with DeMarco Murray.

I tried the second season on All-Madden but was laughably unplayable. So I'll have to find a good set of sliders to use on All-Pro I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Got it myself and enjoyed Longshot but I too wanted more, also looked up the alternate endings and
    what the ****, I got literally every football IQ and passing challenge right and then picked the checkdown pass - THE SENSIBLE PASS - and got drafted at the end of the 7th and Colt didn't get picked.

Turns out if you do the risky long bomb to Colt you both get drafted. All the choices and decisions mean nothing apart from that one.

It's the same with The Journey in FIFA, a nice idea, but half-baked and really shows you little the storytelling engines in games like this have progressed since Xbox 360. Would rather they put the time and effort elsewhere.

That said, Jason Street's beautiful face made it better.

If anyone sees me online and wants a game just message me btw, skipped 17 so haven't played Madden vs a user in yonks.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Got it myself and enjoyed Longshot but I too wanted more, also looked up the alternate endings and
    what the ****, I got literally every football IQ and passing challenge right and then picked the checkdown pass - THE SENSIBLE PASS - and got drafted at the end of the 7th and Colt didn't get picked.

Turns out if you do the risky long bomb to Colt you both get drafted. All the choices and decisions mean nothing apart from that one.

It's the same with The Journey in FIFA, a nice idea, but half-baked and really shows you little the storytelling engines in games like this have progressed since Xbox 360. Would rather they put the time and effort elsewhere.

If anyone sees me online and wants a game just message me btw, skipped 17 so haven't played Madden vs a user in yonks.

No-one wants to play you Mikey.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

What's your gt I'll add you I'm on most night's for game's

You getting madden 18 perrin?

tripperman wrote: »
    You getting madden 18 perrin?

https://imgflip.com/i/1v3a98

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Suppose that's the rep you earn when you drive the Jags to a Superbowl win with Tim Tebow. :cool:

I'm dog**** now tho. No users.

Advertisement