Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Middle

Options
  • 22-11-2018 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

I loved the series from the start. I still enjoy watching the re-runs. Its reminiscent of Malcolm in the Middle. Series 8 has had a couple of duds though. Every character is quirky and they are all main characters in their own right. What I don't understand is that the media and TV guides all describe it as a 'middle class family'. From what I see, they are a lot less than middle class even though the dad is a manager at a quarry. If the manager can't pay his bills I don't know how his staff survive! eek.png Or does middle class mean something entirely different in the US? I always thought 'The Middle' referred to Sue who is the middle child and/or the fact that they live in 'Middle America', which Frankie often refers to in her introductions i.e. 'out here in the middle'. I'm not worried about any of the characters except Axl, life is gonna kick him in the teeth if he doesn't get some sense. :D
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement