Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaga Airport T2 and T3

Options
  • 12-05-2017 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭

Travelling from Malaga Airport to Knock Saturday week with Ryanair, every time I do this I get so confused inside with Terminal 2 and Terminal 3, I always ask to be dropped off at Terminal 2 departures but once inside all the signs say Terminal 3, has anyone had this annoying experience and if so is there any easy way around it. by the way the departure time is changed from 3pm and its now leaving at 0655 in the morning ,thanks Ryanair for ruining my sleep on the last day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You would check in at T2 which is connected to T3 and use T3 security. It all feels like one terminal to me

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

This is the first time I realised there's more than one terminal in Malaga!
    That's a horrible time for a return flight from Spain :0

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Joys of having no based aircraft in knock!
    The flip side is the outbound departure is at a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

All of the terminals are basically the same, you can walk from one to the other in minutes. I had a panic attack coming back from there last year when I thought I was in the wrong terminal. I quickly learned its all just the same. The numbers represent newer and older segments of what is now the one building. Signposts for the train station are also poor, but you don't need to worry about that because you are being posh and getting a taxi :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Travelling from Malaga Airport to Knock Saturday week with Ryanair, every time I do this I get so confused inside with Terminal 2 and Terminal 3, I always ask to be dropped off at Terminal 2 departures but once inside all the signs say Terminal 3, has anyone had this annoying experience and if so is there any easy way around it. by the way the departure time is changed from 3pm and its now leaving at 0655 in the morning ,thanks Ryanair for ruining my sleep on the last day.

Lousy time of the day for departure, but such is life.
    Just returned through Malaga (AGP) on Tuesday evening last with Ryanair (FR). Simple rule of thumb with AGP is threat all the buildings and concours areas as a simple continuation of each other. So, that no matter which door of the departures area, you enter, you simply turn left and walk to the very end of all the check-in desks to get to where FR are located.
    Having dropped off your bags and gotten you tickets and passport checked, you then turn right and walk about 3/400 metres in a straight line to the Security Area and in you go.

Bear in mind that once you are through the Security area you still have a fair distance to walk to the "B" Gates, usually B14 for FR Irish flights, this are located to the left after the food area.

Remember that you must go through a Spanish Police Passport check, which has now become quiet slow and tedious in AGP of late. Give it at least 15 to 25 minutes! Of course you will then have to contend with the all too familiar FR boading gate que and stairway scrum to get onto the aircraft, again producing Passport and tickets

Enjoy your break :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Thanks guys for the info really appreciate it

One other thing my flight departs Malaga at 6.55am, would I be ok getting a taxi from Fuengirolo at say 4.30am as I presume it would not be that busy or should I go earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

One other thing my flight departs Malaga at 6.55am, would I be ok getting a taxi from Fuengirolo at say 4.30am as I presume it would not be that busy or should I go earlier.

The journey time should no more than 35 minutes door to door.

Last Tuesday evening I drove for south of Estepona, well over double your journey, using the AP7 and the A7 and comfortably made it in 50 minutes.

I was wondering why our Ryanair flight from Malaga to Knock on the 27th of May is changed from 3pm to 0655 in the morning and I noticed that the are having a charity runway run on the same Evening, surely they would not change a flight because of that as I notice that they are back to normal the following week, would I have any comeback on this as I loose a Friday Evening and the morning due to the early departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

If you have no checked luggage just head for the main revolving doors at T3 and straight onto the security que.

• Advertisement

ellobee wrote: »
    If you have no checked luggage just head for the main revolving doors at T3 and straight onto the security que.

Two cases to check in

I was wondering why our Ryanair flight from Malaga to Knock on the 27th of May is changed from 3pm to 0655 in the morning and I noticed that the are having a charity runway run on the same Evening, surely they would not change a flight because of that as I notice that they are back to normal the following week, would I have any comeback on this as I loose a Friday Evening and the morning due to the early departure.

I don't think you have a comeback, airlines allow for schedule changes in the T&Cs you agree to when booking, as long as they give you advance notification of this then they can more or less do what they like I think.
    I'm not sure exactly when this advance notice of change to time is exactly but I've a feeling it's a close as days/weeks before departure

• Registered Users Posts: 68,197 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Locker10a wrote: »
    I don't think you have a comeback, airlines allow for schedule changes in the T&Cs you agree to when booking, as long as they give you advance notification of this then they can more or less do what they like I think.
    I'm not sure exactly when this advance notice of change to time is exactly but I've a feeling it's a close as days/weeks before departure

If the rescheduling was announced in the last few days, 261 rights apply - needs to be 14 days notice as far as I recall.

It ramps up the closer it is, there's a 48 and 24 hour notice level I think.

L1011 wrote: »
    Locker10a wrote: »

If the rescheduling was announced in the last few days, 261 rights apply - needs to be 14 days notice as far as I recall.

It ramps up the closer it is, there's a 48 and 24 hour notice level I think.

Thanks for that, I know there was certain rules around it.
    I'm assuming If you accept the new times you don't get compo, I know there's a Greek strike tomorrow or the next day, and to avoid it some airlines in the U.K. have altered their schedules on early Greek island flights to depart an hour earlier!! With some leaving as early as 4.25/30 AM passengers can't have got more than a days or so's notice, I bet a fairly high percentage won't show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

You could have cancelled or rebooked when you were informed, that would have been your only comeback.

Just want to thank all who replied to my query about T2 and T3 at Malaga Airport, all worked out fine but it is a very confusing setup there, the number of people who asked me and others where is T2 when they are in T3 was a joke, I wont have an issue again but I did feel for people who were wandering around looking for T2 which I did help and sent them in the right direction, again thanks for the help its appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Just want to thank all who replied to my query about T2 and T3 at Malaga Airport, all worked out fine but it is a very confusing setup there, the number of people who asked me and others where is T2 when they are in T3 was a joke, I wont have an issue again but I did feel for people who were wandering around looking for T2 which I did help and sent them in the right direction, again thanks for the help its appreciated.

T2 is the dark dump :), still I fail to see how people can't follow the signs which show check in counter numbers.....

Advertisement