Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to CodingBat website

Options
  • 12-05-2017 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I started a graduate position a couple months ago and found the above website fantastic for getting better at problem solving in Java language, the site seems to be quiet unique in its format, and would love to find a similar site.(internet tells me there are similar sites but codeacademy etc do not do it for me)

in your personal experience have you found any similar sites with integrated problem solving in Java language?

would love to come across a similar site and thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Never heard of CodingBat but Project Euler (projecteuler.net) is great for challenging yourself. It can be very maths oriented though - the first few challenges should give you a feel for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

something like exercism.io?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

something like exercism.io?

ya i bumped in to that earlier, it looks very interesting, and attached to github, nice little integration with doing the assts, think MIT have the licence for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I'm using www.codewars.com and find it good. I'm very slow atm, but with practice I should improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

cool, I will give it a blast, cheers all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Codewars is pretty cool! I see it is integrated with github, though I can't see an obvious way to commit my solutions to github directly from the Codewars site... I assume this is possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I don't think it's possible to push to GitHub from their site. What I do is code away in my IDE and just copy and paste my solution into their editor. This is probably against the spirt of the thing, but it works better for me.Then I just push to a 'practice' repo I've created as usual.

Advertisement