Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recordati

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

It one of my portfolio's star performers.

I jumped on board about 18 months ago. Up 70% since and a nice dividend yield at time of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

gamblor101 wrote: »
    It one of my portfolio's star performers.

I jumped on board about 18 months ago. Up 70% since and a nice dividend yield at time of purchase.

Can I ask what drew you to it? OR where you even heard about it?

first I heard of it was a BBerg article mentioning its stellar performance. Looking at the financials it seems to be growing well. Revenue up, EPS up, profits up, expenses reasonably steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭gamblor101

My approach to picking stocks is not very scientific.
    I think it was on a list of european companies with a high yield. I just check the payout ratio, dividend growth rate up to ten years, the number of years its paying a dividend and it's market capital.

If the numbers are within my limits then I buy in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

gamblor101 wrote: »
    My approach to picking stocks is not very scientific.
    I think it was on a list of european companies with a high yield. I just check the payout ratio, dividend growth rate up to ten years, the number of years its paying a dividend and it's market capital.

If the numbers are within my limits then I buy in.

hey, well if it works it works :D

sometimes people try to overcomplicate things...a winning strategy wins even when simple.

Advertisement