Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Stolen. How to block from all networks?

Options
  • 12-05-2017 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I had a phone stolen. The phone is unlocked to all networks.

I have the IMEI and I want to get it blocked from all networks using this.

So I decided to ring all the network providers in Ireland and ask them to block it.

I decided to ring Vodafone first, and the woman in customer support said:

"You did not buy the phone through vodafone, so I can't do anything."

Surely if a phone is stolen, they can block the IMEI whether or not the phone was bought from them??

How else can I get the phone blocked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

You ring the network that you bought the phone through, that blocks it from all networks I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Vahevala wrote: »
    You ring the network that you bought the phone through, that blocks it from all networks I believe.

Yes, see the problem is, I bought the phone unlocked. I bought it online, not through any network provider.

So it is not attached to any one network provider. It is Network free.

So how can I get it blacklisted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yes, see the problem is, I bought the phone unlocked. And I did not buy it inside Ireland.

So it is not attached to any one network provider. It is Network free.

So how can I get it blacklisted?

You contact the network you are currently on with the phone. they will then do what you are asking here.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They typically cannot verify that you own it so wont issue a blacklisting notice. If the IMEI was registered with insurance that can bypass this issue.

In any case, the black only applies to ROI so thieves just sell them to the UK.

Advertisement